AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

We're up to Build 0082.  This new major release of the AccuRender and nXt product line now includes a plugin that works entirely within AutoCAD just like previous versions. It's got a ton of new features and is available for free for a while.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

See the Download->AccuRender Studio menu items for more details.

Views: 3118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also downloaded and installed the latest version of Accurender Studio 0082. Under Win 7 64 Bit everything is fine so far, but under Win 10 64 Bit I do not get it running.
What could that be?
Is Accustudio running under Win 10 64 bit?

Ich habe mir auch die neuste Version von Accurender Studio 0082 herunter geladen und installiert. Unter Win 7 64 Bit ist soweit alles gut, aber unter Win 10 64 Bit bekomme ich es nicht am laufen.
Woran könnte das liegen?
Läuft Accustudio überhaupt unter Win 10 64 Bit??

Windows 10 is my platform-- so yes it should work fine.  You'll need to describe your problem in more detail.  For example:

Does it install?  Can you run the standalone version?  Can you netload the AutoCAD plugin?  What happens when you try to run it?

I have now tried to install the Accustudio version 082 and get this error message. Why??

Ich habe jetzt mal versucht, die Accustudio Version 082 zu installieren und bekomme diese Fehlermeldung. Warum??

Too small to read-- I'll need a bigger image or just tell me what the error msg says.

Rendering to a farm doesn't seem to work now.

The software creates the folders, but no data is sent.

I'll check out the render farm this morning.

0084 should fix the farm writing bug.  I would recommend reinstalling the software on the nodes at some point-- although it shouldn't be necessary to make this fix work.

40 minutes render on local machine.

Lighting reduced to real wold values.

Window glass changed to Thin.

I noticed that you can't set glass IOR to 0.0, only 0.001.

The IOR of architectural window glass should be set to real-world values of 1.5 or so to give you the greatest accuracy.  Reflections will be accurate in that case and it will not impact performance if you model the glass as thin.

An IOR of 1 is air. 

IORs of 0 do not exist. 

IOR < 1 is designed to model the interface between a thick medium and a thin one-- such as emerging from the ocean into the air.  It's generally not useful in Ar.

Breaking your cove lighting up into smaller, more localized pieces will help performance (particularly noise on the ceiling surfaces.)  It will work fine the way you have it, but will take longer.

I released build 0082 which fixes the problem where selecting lights is slow.  Working on 0083 which will fix the farm issue.

Sorry, I meant 1.0.

With nXt I use this setting on window glass because it speeds up the rendering. With bright daylight coming through the window, reflections are virtually non existent anyway.

I would have thought that breaking the cove lighting into smaller sections would create hot spots and shadow areas which would be undesirable when trying to simulate hidden LED strip lights.

Does build 0082 fix the decals on solids issue as well?

I would still recommend real-world values. You'll see the reflections when you turn the daylight channels off and you won't really notice any performance difference. Also, with the new algorithms, the added light is bounced back into the room and recaptured.  More reflection occurs at glancing angles, etc.. If you must, however, the Standard material has an opacity component which is meant to model things like curtains.  You can make that work without refraction.

Cove lighting may take a bit of experimentation to get right-- it will work the way you have it-- it's just a difficult light it terms of added noise.  The more localized the source, the better the algorithms will deal with it.

I think the current version is 0084 now. There turned out not to be an issue with decals when I looked. I suspect you didn't have the latest nXtRender product which you can get from the download page.  To reload the decals on a previously saved ar studio dwg, you can use ArRemoveData and uncheck everything except decals.  Then rerun ar studio.

Yep, decals are now working.

I'm happy to go with IOR 1.5 if it doesn't slow the rendering down.

Any joy with rotating texture images?

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service