AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Guys, I've try!

Here is another try to make an interior scene, but I can't get a natural effect as other users, such as Jorge Lara for example.

What would I be doing wrong?

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Needs more cooking.

Do you mean more rendering time? It takes almost a whole day!!

Yes more rendering time, also the lighting as everyone points out. Now the model is ready. Make a copy and delete the furniture leaving the walls, ceiling, floor and lights, then render. When it cooks rights, bring the furniture back in, and render again, by now you have a fairly good idea the number of passes you need.

Ok, I understand, but will not the furniture afect the render time? After all, they have transparenciesreflections and other effects.

It is nice picture, don't understand why are you not happy. Don't forget you have lights coming from different sides, so nXt has lot to calculate. It has nice soft feel, despite the hard materials you use.

Now some points (some have nothing to do with rendering):

-stair (treads and stringer) don't look real. I would expect central stringer to be e.g. metallic. Treads could be thinner and try to do slight fillet or at least chamfer the edges. Material also looks strange.

-left stair handrail runs too close to the wall, I think it is not needed there :) generally I would expect more smoothed handrail - it looks too segmented.

-bump on the beige wall looks too big

-the same applies to the round table in front

All that are minor things, the whole picture looks really great!

Thanks, George, I'll take your comments into consideration. But what bothers me most is the image grainy aspect, I can't softer than that, for that reason I use the blur filter.

Some images needs more passes,  if you want good images you need time, and   hardware.

Alex is 1000% right. More rendering time = better picture quality. Don't forget the fact that you can do rendering more times and then combine the results in nXt image editor. That way image can be refined further in order to eliminate the grain.

I understand all this, and i'm purchasing a new machine this week. But, how I was saying to Roy in another discussion,  I have saved a work at diferent times and passes of rendering and after some point there isn't real gain in image quality! That's why I think I'm doing something wrong in setting parameters before rendering.

I really don't think you do anything wrong. It's just that rendering method that needs so much time to refine interior images. I have the same problem and it really can't be cured but just letting it to bake the image longer. Sometimes it can take one day or even more for interiors which I am doing, fortunately really sporadically, as exteriors are my main field. It all runs on humble AMD Phenom X4 965 processor with just 8GB of RAM (1066MHz) on a mainstream ASUS motherboard. Finally, sometimes I like the grainy look of renderings, as they remind me the B&W photographic effect from the times of analog photo cameras and dark room with enlarger and red lamp and...

George, you are the romantic one! :-)

I like the vintage look too, but some customers see it as a defect.

Hola, por las condiciones de luz, yo haria lo siguiente:

1.- Checar las caracteriaticas de los materiales, cre que les falta algo de brillo. Tal como comento en alguna ocasion Peter Milner, todos los materiales tienen cierto brillo. Incluso las telas tienen 0.10 de brillo, con una definicion de 0.10.

2.- Partir de el empleo del LUZ DIURNA INTERIOR, adicionando algunas luces de acuerdo al diseño real.

3.- Definitivamente emplearia motor HIBRIDO.

Saludos a todos

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service