AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I'm trying to send an animation to the RenderFarm.

I would expect that each frame is sent to a Farmer node, rendered and saved in the shared folder.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case.

On this test, I've sent the first 4 frames to the Farm where there are 4 nodes.

However, the Farm Monitor shows that only one node is processing as there is only 1 task listed.

Am I misinterpreting the way things work?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd have to check, it's been a long time since I looked at this, but I believe it bundles a bunch of frames together (perhaps packets of 16?).  Try a hundred frame animation and see what you get.

I tried 90 frames and it split it into 5 tasks.

The trouble with this is that if anything goes wrong, or you need to interrupt the rendering process, you lose lots of renders rather than just 1 or 2.

Yep.  It's a compromise-- for most people batching them together makes them much more efficient in terms of time / frame.  The time it takes to send the data around and load it in can be significant for most animations.  Things have changed a bunch in terms of network efficiency and hard drive speed, so I'm not sure I would take this approach with the new stuff.

Is there any way of finding out how many frames in a packet, so that I can optimize the number of frames between 4 nodes?

Looks like it's hardcoded to 20 frames / task.

Thanks Roy.

I'll base the number of frames on multiples of 80 then.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Peter Milner's discussion Advanced textures
"I'm assuming you're asking for nXtRender.  It's been a long time since I've looked at this stuff-- here's what I can remember: Displacement mapping changes the underlying geometry using a texture.  It's an…"
May 10
Peter Milner posted a discussion

Advanced textures

A couple of questions about advanced textures:What do the settings under displacement mapping do - how do they affect the texture?When using a specular map, should the base material have any reflectivity or is it all controlled by the map?See More
May 10
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Marko Stout's discussion renderfarm
"We've been phasing out most 32 bit products.  There isn't a lot of demand for them and they're becoming increasingly difficult to support.  I should probably remove the link."
May 4
Marko Stout posted a discussion

renderfarm

Why does renderfarm 32 bits not exist?See More
May 4
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to akinlolu olugboji's discussion No Open and Saveas Dialogue Boxes in AutoCad 2015
"Nope."
Apr 30
akinlolu olugboji replied to akinlolu olugboji's discussion No Open and Saveas Dialogue Boxes in AutoCad 2015
"Thanks. Do you have an idea what causes the change as I did nothing alone that line to warrant such?"
Apr 30
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to akinlolu olugboji's discussion No Open and Saveas Dialogue Boxes in AutoCad 2015
Apr 22
akinlolu olugboji posted a discussion
Apr 20

© 2019   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service