AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Distortions in nXt renderd AutCAD Architecture Curved Walls

Please see the attached images.  

In AutoCAD Architecture's native renderer, and in its 3d display, the curved walls appear smooth.  In nXt the materials are uneven (with sometimes extra lines that protrude from the walls).  Distortions also appear in straight walls which should be flat and smooth though the problem is less pronounced.  

I tried changing the material definitions but the problem persists.  

Could this be some sort of scale definition issue?

The problem persists with all the rendering engines (standard path and hybrid).

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Views: 172

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is typically a units problem or a coordinate system problem.  Check the units by typing _DDUNITS at the command line and looking at the insertion units.  If they're correct, make sure the model is not located too far from the origin.  Coordinate systems such as "state plane" will not work correctly with nXt-- the model will have to be moved closer to the origin.

Yes, Roy, the units were correctly set but the model was very far from the origin (forgot about that issue).  Looks fine now.  Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"Roy, I saw few links to several "ArStudio" products. Did you mean Spark AR Studio? https://sparkar.facebook.com/ar-studio/download/ ;   ?"
2 hours ago
Roy Hirshkowitz commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"The settings are very likely fine-- the kinds of things that create noise are indirect daylighting and glossy reflection.  This image has a lot of that.  ArStudio will likely handle this much better-- it's got a built-in denoiser."
19 hours ago
Thumbnail

c3

"Ok, I will.  And maybe any clue about nXt settings? Standard works ok, Hybrid - so, so... I see a lot of comments about Path Tracer, wjich makes me belive PT works pefrectly as well. The point is to find out what's wrong with my…"
20 hours ago
Roy Hirshkowitz commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"Try ArStudio."
23 hours ago
Thumbnail

c3

"BTW - Ant idea how to get rid of this "grain"? More than 500 passes (Path Tracer) and only HDR lighting. Unfortunately to no avail..."
yesterday
Thumbnail

g2

"Thank you George."... I always avoid to change material - colour - surface quality on the outer corners, but only on inner ones. " - So do I.  Client's wish.  :)"
yesterday
George Ioannidis commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

g2

"Very contemporary feel of space here Maciej! Great job!"
Saturday
George Ioannidis commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

g2

"A note off topic, clearly subjective: I always avoid to change material - colour - surface quality on the outer corners, but only on inner ones."
Saturday

© 2020   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service