AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

In light of the new nXt organisational changes, does anyone feel it would be a good idea to organise the forum into categories such as:

Rendering Software (Roy)

User Interface and Post Processing (Al)

Rendering Advice and Comment (Everyone)

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I quite agree.

There you go again, Peter.  Always thinking.

Drat! That's another New Year resolution broken.

I wonder if there will be a category showing a thorough description of the tools available and the expected results when disturbed from there default settings. 

Examples of lighting changes, or the results of changing settings in the material dialog boxes.  I'm never sure what will happen (or what should happen) when I move some of the material slides.

Often, Roy will state, or recommand, leaving some settings alone.  I begin to wonder if they have any general use at all.  Confused in Renderland.

Excellent idea Peter. I also think a section on documentation would be very helpful.

Good idea Peter, I'm agree!!!!!!!

I am going to switch to Category View for a week or so and see what we think.

Also, I am trying to decide whether the three platforms for nXtRender  - AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp - should have their forums as categories in the same place (e.g. here), or whether they should be three separate forums.

Some questions are very platform specific, but some questions will apply equally well to all platforms.

I am going to put the Revit forum here as a category and see how that works for all of us. If having a category for Revit is too confusing, let me know.

With categories it is more important to see the recent activity together with the forum, so I have moved the activity summary from the left column (Main page only) to the right column (all tabs)

That will make it easier to see the latest activity in all categories.

We have been using Categories for a couple of weeks - any thoughts or comments?

Gives a lot to read on the forum, confusing at first, but you get your way around it, color indication will help, (especially on the activity summary on the right) for the various category if possible.

Another category, "Gallery" should be added. I love the "corner bar"  must confess.

Instead, how about "Work in Progress" for people to show images which they are not ready to put into the real gallery yet.

As a member of several other rendering fora I would like to suggest at least the following categories:

1.Accurender for Autocad

1.1 Announcements and news (it should be locked for users)

1.2 Work in progress

1.3 Completed jobs

1.4 Point of exchange (for shearing bitmaps, materials, models, lisps and so on)

1.5 Tutorials

1.6 General discussions and off topics

the same grouping tree could be there for nXt for SU and Revit and any other main branch of the basic renderer.  Of course there should be normal-bold or light-dark indication of what is new or what is important (by putting category icons or signs before the topic) etc.

@Akin

What do you mean by "corner bar"?

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion IMPORTING 3DS AND OBJ FILES WITHOUT LOSING THEIR TEXTURE MAPS
"Thank you, Mr.George for the solution. I very much appreciate it."
Sunday
George Ioannidis replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion IMPORTING 3DS AND OBJ FILES WITHOUT LOSING THEIR TEXTURE MAPS
"OBJ file doesn't care bitmaps, only the UV coordinates of each face. 3DS files can hold bitmaps externally along with the proper UV mapping coordinates. Just keep bitmaps in the model's subdirectory. You can import 3DS file using 3DSIN…"
Sunday
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

IMPORTING 3DS AND OBJ FILES WITHOUT LOSING THEIR TEXTURE MAPS

Good day everyone,Does anyone know how to import obj and 3ds files into autocad without having the models lose their textures ?I have imported so many but they dont come with their textures.See More
Sep 29
Paula Suarez posted a discussion

Led Lights - Iluminação indireta

Por favor , há anos que não consigo uma solução... Eu preciso de uma orientação sobre como proceder para representar iluminação INDIRETA em sanca de gesso.Não temos mais a antiga opção de Linear Light que já existiu no Accurender. Então como fazer? Me sugeriram aplicar omnidirectional light em vários cilindros pequenos para simular isso, mas convenhamos, além de não ser prático , é muito ineficaz e irreal porque a luz fica manchada em partes ao invés de um facho linear que conseguíamos fazer no…See More
Sep 28
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Thanks a lot. It's now working. I appreciate Roy for the heads up."
Sep 20
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Does this happen on every model you attempt.  For example, if you just draw a sphere and try to render it does that work?  If it's only happening on specific models I'll need to test them here to see if I can reproduce the…"
Sep 19
"Set PROXYNOTICE to 0 (I think) to prevent AutoCAD from showing these warning if you don't want to see them."
Sep 19
"To write an ArScene file from the AutoCAD plugin load the scene and use the File->Save Scene As... option from the menu on the AccuRender Studio palette.  The ArScene command no longer exists.  The file should include all of the…"
Sep 19

© 2022   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service