AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

My new computer came with a Quadro 4000 graphics card.

Is there any way of utilizing the GPU capabilities to speed rendering up?

Views: 1116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

using other rendering engine, ha ha........

Yes, there is. Try: Octane Render, Blender Cycles, Small LUX GPU, V-Ray RT, Indigo RT, Bunkspeed, Maxwell, Thea ..... :D

maxwell and vray is cpu rendering only

V-Ray RT with GPU support:

http://chaosgroup.com/en/2/vrayrt.html

Maxwell indeed has real time preview, but still, it is only CPU based.

VRAY RT...REAL TIME PRODUCTION...

None of the mentioned renderers are for use in AutoCAD. They are in majority stand-alone rendering suites with advanced connection plugins for the most popular 3D software programs like Maya, 3D Studio Max, Rhino 3D, Sketchup, Blender.... etc.

One of the best of Vray 2.0 is that you can use "Vray RT" as output, ie you can use the same parameters also Vray for RT, either CPU or GPU, this is a great advantage.
Picture this for animations, it is now a reality

vray in Max example...

vray using gpu is for display only, not for production

Hmm, not quite the answers I was looking for.

It's not a problem, it just seems a shame to have all that processing power sitting around doing nothing.

GPU seems to be very usefull when moving into the walkabout window. But it takes a cofee when rendering...

Still in a wait and see mode re: GPU for the type of rendering we do, but not particularly optimistic.  So far, despite all of the advertising hype, the results for others have been very mixed when doing things like Path Tracing.  

A GPU is a very different computer than a CPU, and the way the code is written changes drastically.  In the case of your 12 core machine, it would almost certainly be a case of either/or-- the GPU would have to substitute for not supplement the CPU.  Your case would be the least likely of all to show any significant improvement.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Jeff Waymack replied to Jeff Waymack's discussion Convert AR Legacy Material Library Issues
"Hi Roy, I tried moving all my images to four different folders in C:\Program Files\AccuRender nXt\Support\Images. I deleted the previous library the translator had created as you suggested and rebuilt it. After spending some time going through all…"
9 hours ago
hoai hai bui posted a photo
yesterday
Jelena commented on Chris Fox's photo
Thumbnail

Kitchen Rendering

"as Jan already mentioned, i would also not mix sunlight and artificial lightning. i would brighten up dark areas with a softbox, like photographers do (be careful, because of shadows). beside that, i would rise the position of camera up. you have…"
Friday
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Jeff Waymack's discussion Convert AR Legacy Material Library Issues
"It should, yes."
Thursday
Chris Fox commented on Chris Fox's photo
Thumbnail

Kitchen Rendering

"Jelena... any help would be appreciated so please feel free to grab the picture.... Jan... I changed enginers to the Hybrid and that helped alot specifically with the way light is handled on the ceiling.  Thank you for the compliment on the…"
Thursday
Jeff Waymack replied to Jeff Waymack's discussion Convert AR Legacy Material Library Issues
"Hi Roy, If I create a search path and then move the bitmaps to that location, is that where nXt will look during the translation? Jeff"
Thursday
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Jeff Waymack's discussion Convert AR Legacy Material Library Issues
"You can add as many search paths as you like.  It's that little hammer and screwdriver picture next to the help button.   You'll want to re-run the lib conversion utility after you move the bitmaps.  I would probably delete…"
Thursday
"Hi Roy, I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and was not successful in installing the copy of AR4 on my HP workstation. That's why I upgraded to nXt. So I am not sure how I would locate the textures with AR4. Does nXt search a particular location…"
Thursday

© 2014   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service