AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I'm working on a project where I am rending a shade structure that I want to composite onto a site photo. I've set a ground plane and tagged it as alpha channel, but what I get isn't how I think it should look. I'm not getting any transparency in the shadow (well, just a tad maybe).

I've done this in the past and I think all my settings are about the same. What am I doing wrong??

Samples: (Click to enlarge)

Image while rending. I think the items tagged as alpha used to show here, but I cant remember for sure.

Render window shows some transparency, but not what I would expect

When rendered without tagging the ground plane as alpha, shadows look pretty normal.

Compositing in photoshop... ick!

Composite using render on ground plane not tagged and using sky alpha, masking using materials channel, and masking just around the shadow. Desired look with a lot more work to get it.

Views: 570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's important that you assign a material to the ground plane similar to the photo you're compositing with.

I did a quick crude test with no materials assigned and you can see that the shadow is definitely the wrong colour. However I do get the transparency, though probably too much.

This one is purely rendered with a background image (no Photoshop involved).

This is rendered with background image and then composited in Photoshop.

Rendering with the background image gives you the opportunity to adjust the lighting and perspective of you render to match the surroundings.

Sahara table. Brand-new stuff from Sven Christiansen Peter? :D

Nice paradigm with explanation. Thanks.

Edit the mask channel in PhotoShop so you get more transparency-- simple brightness adjustments will probably work fine.  When compositing make sure that the color your compositing with is darker (black, for a start).

I did try using a material similar to the photo I was matching, but not with the background, as Peter suggested. I'll give that a go. I also used a solid background, but should have gone darker as you suggested, not lighter.

This is one I did when alpha compositing was first introduced. Worked great for me back then :)

That one worked as is because you're compositing with white.

The visible background you use while rendering is not relevant-- other than it may effect the exposure of the image-- which can be reset using the Brightness setting.  (Reflective backgrounds may be important-- depends on the image.)  (Peter is probably right in that it's easier to adjust things if you see everything at the same time.)

When compositing you have complete control.  You can save off as many mask channels as you want in the image editor and edit them independently.  You decide what colors to combine using photoshop, not the rendering background.  The renderer encodes how much occlusion there is into the alpha channel when creating those shadows-- it's just a guess though (there is no way to really do this)-- and you may need to adjust the shadow portion of the mask channel.

If you want to include the nXtImage of the thing I can take a run at it.

There's definitely something wrong with the alpha channel objects in the more recent builds--  I'm looking into it.
Thanks Roy. I tried all the tips given above and was getting the same results. Thought it was just me :)

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service