AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Importing a 3d studio model with textures into NXT?

Akinlolu had a great resource for free 3ds models but I don't know how to import them while keeping the textures attached.  Is there a proper way of doing this or do I need to reapply the jpeg maps? 

I can insert the 3ds model via autocad but no textures.  When I try inserting through the NXT widgets, under textured mesh objects, Autocad crashes. 

I'm using Autocad 2011 and NXT build 249,  Win 7 64

Thanks

Dean

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

VERY HEAVY.FILE OF 2MB(3DS) AFTER INSERTING CAN TURN TO 57MB
Remove all you do not need and purge.
3ds file can be inserted in Acad using 3dsin command or in Accurender as textured mesh (like obj files). 3DS file has some polygon number limitations though, which obj format hasn't.
The nXt widget shouldn't be crashing.  Send a link to the offending file and I'll give it a try here.  I don't read all of them perfectly-- and quite of few of the free models out there are of dubious quality-- but it shouldn't crash.

Roy,  here is the zipped model link I tried.  Its a bunch of books.  

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=39832

Thanks

Dean

Aqui esta mi version de este archivo. Lo qeu hice fue insertarlo directo en NXT. automaticamente me crea una lista de materiales, lo que hice fue simplemente elegir un mapa para cada uno de los materiales y listo. tiempo aproximado 2 minutos. 
Could you paste the finished autocad file?
Akin, veo qeu no necesitaste el archivo. De todas maneras estoy a tus ordenes. Saludos.

This one seems to be working fine for me as well.  The material names contain some odd characters-- no doubt non-Unicode foreign language (Asian?).  That may be tripping up nXt on some versions.  I attached a few maps and left some out.  Try the latest build.

Could you paste the finished autocad file?
I already deleted it.  It takes about two minutes to do what I just did.

This is what I got. Roy did you do something to Add mesh object widget? This is he first time am able to Explode an object inserted with it.

Wonderful I must say.

Attachments:

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service