AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Any idea how to place the invisible tree to create shadow on the facede?

I tried to mark the tree as an object and assign alpha channel to it as I did it with ground plane, but unfortunately, it doesn't work wit any plant.

My way to achieve it was to produce a png file, considering no tree overlaps the rendered object, and than get rid of the plant using PS (see attached)

The point is the existing tree is where it is. So I need the shadow on the wall, but no new tree - any idea how to do it ?

Views: 254

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

photoshop.....

GIMP

Seriously now. It could be a great addition to nXt to have the ability to enable or disable particular rays during the rendering process. For instance, in Blender Cycles, it is quite easy thing to do. You just tag the tree to cast shadow (shadow ray) but you disable all the other rays calculation.

on large non-flat surfaces like here, i sometimes use a inverted alpha-map of a tree, put it on a surface and turn this in direction of sun...

So do I, very aproximately, Jelena.

However, it would be nice just to use a nXt tree,  to achieve this aim direct, wouldn't it ?

Roy,  any chance in the future? 

Here's a couple ways I go after this problem.

I just tested tagging a tree as "Alpha channel" (sorry, no renders to attach). It sort of works. Nxt plants don't seem to work, but a 3d model can. I tried inserting a textured mesh and tagging, but no luck either. I finally I tried a 3d acad model of a tree, tagged it and rendered. Saving it out to Tiff with alpha omits the tree, but leaves a whole. Now, do a second render without the tree and overlay in photoshop. 

Another way if the tree model wont mask fully (in some tests only the trunk masked, leaves did not) is to save the render to nxtimage, save the material mask to a file and use the selection tool to grab just the tree textures. Use that selection in the same manner as the 2 images above.

I've got a bad cold and my head feels like its full of jello. If I feel better, I'll try to post samples later.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Tuesday
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service