AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I'm currently running a render on the farm at 16,540 x 6790 pixels for the graphics on the side of a delivery van.

The rendering is split into tasks and each saved chunk is approximately 1.5Gb in size.

When I try to open one of these in the nXt Image editor, it crashes.

I'm not running out of RAM on my computer as I have 24Gb.

Any ideas?

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not really.  I may need to take a look at one of the sections.

What's the best way of sending it to you?

I'll need a download link for something that big-- something high speed if possible.  You can send the link by private message here or use roy@mcneel.com.

I've sent it to you via WeTransfer.

Here's the error message I get.

I downloaded it and was able to reproduce the error.  I have some time tomorrow or perhaps later today to take a closer look.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for this one.  I'm running into some sort of WIndows limitation which isn't documented regarding allocation of very large chunks of memory at a single go.  I may put something together for Microsoft to see what they say, which probably won't help very much.  

I can fix this, but it will take a substantial amount of work to the image editor-- which means I can't snap my fingers and make it happen.  Right now I'm looking at the new stuff and making sure this won't happen there.

A smaller image size with upsizing in photoshop is all I can offer for the moment.  Depending on how strongly you feel about this, I can commit to fixing the legacy code.  It will take a few workdays to do-- which means a few weeks on the schedule.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

marketing image ligni 07

"Yes, they are all mapped absolutely correctly. That's why I like Blender so much, you have very easy though advanced control of UV mapping, as regards map's location, scale and rotation."
yesterday
Peter Milner commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

marketing image ligni 07

"Thanks George. The most complicated part was to get the plywood edge texture running in the right direction."
yesterday
George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

marketing image ligni 07

"Peter, those latest are all fantastic!"
Thursday
Peter Milner posted photos
Wednesday
Peter Milner posted photos
Monday
Chris Fox posted photos
Sunday
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Peter Milner's discussion Large rendering on the farm
"I downloaded it and was able to reproduce the error.  I have some time tomorrow or perhaps later today to take a closer look."
Sep 13
Peter Milner replied to Peter Milner's discussion Large rendering on the farm
"Here's the error message I get."
Sep 13

© 2017   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service