AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi Guys,

I’ve offered to help a friend of mine who is a young furniture designer maker. He has just had his first commission piece which is to design and make a bookcase. He has developed a design and has sketched it up. I have been mentoring him and while he was having discussions with his client, I measured up the corner where the bookcase is to go. In order for him to give a quotation, I have recommended that he improves his CAD skills as it can be a huge leap of faith for a potential customer to part with their money on the strength of a thumbnail sketch on the back of a cigarette packet! I have recommended AutoCAD together with AccuRender and have offered to model this project for him to show him what is possible. Although I am proficient in AutoCAD, I am still getting to grips with AccuRender. So I was hoping if I was to upload a model, complete with materials of the room interior where bookcase is to be situated then one of you could have a look at it and recommend improvements. The first problem I have come across is while modelling the room (I used Peter Milner’s template interior as a starting point, and copied his window into mine...thanks Pater) is I am getting a great effect with the light streaming in through window but was wondering should I use an interior light source as well?

I would welcome any feedback which would improve this set up as once perfect it can be used time and again. Thanks in advance..Sean

Views: 2188

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Roy, For being so dim but I am running AutoCAD 2011 and I have AccuRender nXt 310 (06/04/2012) installed and when I follow your instructions and type (nXtEngine 4) at the command, complete with parentheses nothing happens! however it does load when I type NXT. What am I doing wrong?

Type nXt first to load it, then type (nxtengine 4).  Low res renderings will process a lot faster.  640 x 480 will be ~ 4x faster than 1280 x 720.  The time to render something varies approximately linearly with the total number of pixels.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

George Ioannidis commented on OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's photo
Thumbnail

test 7 pass 515 (1) (1)

"Good start. Glass windows need some reflections , they look too plastic and dull. What are those white lines under the building? Parking lot for skateboards? ;) Shrub fence on the right needs revision."
Jun 30
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

test 7 pass 515 (1) (1)

My first exterior render with accurender
Jun 20
George Ioannidis commented on OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's photo
Thumbnail

coastal chic final

"Looks really good. The glass table material is more than convincing."
May 24
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

coastal chic final

My first major render with accurender studio and autocad.
Apr 29
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Questions on problems encountered with accurender studio
"Really nice work-- is the modeling done in AutoCAD?  If so, consider creating a gallery of your work and submitting this photo.  Photos have to be approved, but generally speaking work of this quality will be. For some of your original…"
Apr 25
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Questions on problems encountered with accurender studio
Apr 25
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Questions on problems encountered with accurender studio
"Good day Sir, I just updated accurender studio to the latest version and found out that most of my questions have been answered. I can see the increase in speed, the update speed, material library ui and the speed of the rendering. Please Roy, keep…"
Apr 25
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

Questions on problems encountered with accurender studio

1.Have you released a version that can accept jpeg ?2.Is the speed of the last version you created, higher thanthat of the first version ?3.Why cant we easily update to the latest version ?4.Why cant we use the background function to place things behind the windows for interior rendering ?5.I must really commend you because this software has a futureand if improved upon, can become the best rendering software inthe industry. I currently use vray for my production and willlike accurender studio…See More
Apr 22

© 2022   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service