AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I have this(bedroom view 11) clients wants this (photo 6) model (plan - copy) attached. help needed with materials and lighting, on wall, furniture and floor.

Views: 1406

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phew.. overnight for 15+ hrs.-- not bad but still not perfect yet.

Looks pretty close to me.

Try using path tracer, it may give that slightly softer look.

I like this one very much... nice atmosphere indeed...and I thought by the look of it that this is path tracer...

Very difficult for the path tracer to resolve this one, though.  I need more cores (32?)

Just change the design of the building and have more windows.

You got it.

Do other rendering engines have this problem with dimly lit interiors, or are there ways round it?

Sort of-- our standard engine handles this one pretty nicely.  This one would give Maxwell fits (I think.)

It's not really the dim lighting, that part's easy.  The predominant light in this space is reflected sky light through a small opening.  That's a very difficult problem.  The light source is large (the sky) yet the opening is small.  The noise in this one is compounded by a variety of other issues:

• The curtains cause many of the light paths to be much more complex.
  • Almost all of the surfaces have some degree of glossiness.  Glossy reflection is more noisy by nature than pure Lambertian (diffuse) reflection.
  • Many of the surfaces we're interest in are multiple bounces (3-4) away from any light source.  Again, the predominant illumination is indirect.  Very few surfaces are lit directly.
  • This is a true HDRi-- a small part of the image (the sky) is very bright >10000 cd / m^2.  A decent portion of the image is quite dim (~ 1 cd/m^2).  Tone mapping a scene like this can make it look noisier.
  • The model is complex in terms of number of faces ~750000.  While this doesn't have a huge effect, it does slow down the ray casting somewhat.

would it not be good to try to reduce the number of faces first? On the account what I do see on the image, the number of faces seems too high to me.

The same with "some degree of glossiness" - some parts of the model do not seem to need to be glossy at all...

The rendering is nice and interesting, so I would like to see it happen and I would also like to know that it is possible to achieve this kind of quality using nXt on regular basis..

Nice job, akino and others.

I wouldn't-- the number of faces is probably the least of our worries here.  You only reduce glossiness if you don't want glossy walls-- otherwise you have to leave it.  The best thing to do, as Peter suggested, is to bust a few more holes in the walls.  An extra window or two would make the thing go much faster.  Pulling back the curtains would probably help-- but they're my favorite part.

Welcome to path tracing.  It kind of is what it is.  180 core hrs. gets you this.

Must say I love the over night thing and when next I run into this I will be sure to add openings where it will not show in the view am rendering to help the rendering along. Thanks all I must say I have learnt a lot.

Adding openings wasn't really meant as a serious suggestion, of course.  It just demonstrates the difficulties of rendering a daylit space with a small opening for the light.  While Path Tracing should eventually get you an answer, it can take forever if you give it a hard enough problem.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service