AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Starting a new thread-- the old one is getting a little crowded.

Here's Jan's with e2 at 30 minutes, 300k pixels.  Daylighting only with all settings returned to default.  Obviously glow from the tv is still present.  I fiddled with the floor a little-- very low sharpness levels are undercounting fresnel reflectivity with this engine-- that accounts for the missing reflections in some glossy materials.  So I raised the Sharpness to 0.15 and to compensate lowered the Fresnel to 0.2.  This one still has a bit of mottling on some of the diffuse surfaces, but it's on its way.

Here's a path tracing-- the floor is different and it's only run for 15 minutes so don't try too many direct comparisons.  I haven't a clue why the saturation is so low-- pretty sure this is a bug. The e2 engine certainly has the colors more correct.  The Path Tracer is competitive with the e2 engine in performance for this particular scene-- probably due to the very large window area and many glossy materials.

Views: 1247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At 1.5 hrs.

looks promising. Little artifacts left. I have the impression that something changed on the transparency of the curtains also. What happens to engine 3?

I haven't really been impressed with engine 3.  I'm not going to kill it quite yet, but I'm close.

I mentioned the lack of saturation before. Turning on the interior lights makes a big difference in this case. If the light of the tv channel is off, why is there still some glow ( decal tagged as light source)

The saturation still makes no sense here.  Colors should look much more like the e2 pic.  There may be a bug in the sky saturation code for the PT-- I won't be able to get to this for at least a week.

Re: the tv, I'm guessing there's some material Glow as well-- that has it's own channel.

I justed posted build 294 which has the latest e2, the one I've been using for the last few examples.  Test the engine when you can and let me know.  Try to keep the tests simple if possible.  I recommend 300k pixels and reasonable lighting values.

I'll be out of town all of next week but should be able to post here on most days. 

not very important for the moment but there's something wrong with region render.

Roy, para que el motor e2 sea eficiente se debe seleccionar los vidrios como delgados y como entrada de luz?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking-- daylight portals are not required or used in the traditional sense (either user-specified or automatically detected)--  however, removing the glass from windows in an interior, or using a material with IOR = 1.0 will likely result in a much slower convergence.

Identifying glass as Thin is not required for efficiency, only accuracy. All light now refracts as it passes through glass.  A thin face with a glass material (IOR > 1.0) that is not tagged as thin will not refract correctly.  For example, the patch of sunlight on the floor will be in the wrong place.

A few remarks. This engine becomes a lot faster with the new build.

Decals tagged as light source and using object color don't seem to work properly, first example.

Caustics are much better,  second example.

It seems that, whith the E2, when I put a nXt groundplan tagged alpha channel, the render never start.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service