AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Getting ready to build a new CAD/Rendering machine.  I currently have a Xion w5590 chip that was given to me.  I'm looking to build around it.  Any recommendations?

Additional chip?

Ram?

Video Card?

Thanks!

Alex

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rendering speed is mainly determined by the number and speed of cores (8 cores will render twice as fast as 4 cores).

RAM will help with navigating round a large model 6-8Gb should be fine for most things unless you want to open and run several large models at the same time.

Graphics card doesn't make much difference to anything.

Graphics card doesn't make much difference to anything.

But will help with quake or unreal tournament while the rendering is going on, or if movies is your thing good show. Clarity of image rendered and the ability for your PC to display at very high resolution helps too.

Thank you Peter!!!  Very much appreciated.  PS I admire your work!

Regards,

Alex

Paul,  is there any benefit to having two chips?  Not sure if the second chip is utilized until the first one is used fully.

Is it true that adding a second CPU will render drawings twice as fast when compared to a single i7 CPU? I'm trying to decide between a dual CPU work station or a single 3rd generation i7.

Thanks in advance!

The more cores, the better.

Doubling the number of cores will virtually double the speed of the rendering.

An i7 is already a quad core and with multi-threading your getting effectively eight processors.

The next step up would be to go for a multi-core xeon, either a dual 4-core, dual 6-core or a dual 8-core giving you 16, 24 or 32 processors.

The speed of the processors will also have a direct effect on the rendering speed.

Hyper-threading, actually.  I wouldn't count the "virtual" cores caused by hyperthreading in your calculation.  However we do benefit from hyperthreading to the tune of 10% or so as far as I can tell.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tibor K. Karsai posted photos
6 hours ago
Rich Hart replied to Paul Jackson's discussion Old versions of nXt for AutoCAD
"There is a bug in the logic to find the version with the closest date to your license number that occasionally finds the farm install instead. You should be able to simply download the install the NK21 or the OA30 version from the link I posted…"
yesterday
Paul Jackson replied to Paul Jackson's discussion Old versions of nXt for AutoCAD
"Thanks Rich. I also popped-in my license code to the checker, it came up with nXtFarm64_0355.exe Seems to be the render farm though?"
yesterday
Rich Hart replied to Paul Jackson's discussion Old versions of nXt for AutoCAD
"This page: http://www.renderplus.com/php/get_all_downloads.php#nXtRender lists all of the versions of nXt for AutoCAD currently available for download. The version from Nov 2014, NK21, will work with your license bought in 2013."
yesterday
Paul Jackson posted a discussion

Old versions of nXt for AutoCAD

Is it still possible to download old versions (bought in 2013), of nXt for AutoCAD? Got a new PC, but cannot find my installation file. Thanks.See More
yesterday
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Peter Milner's discussion Reflected background brightness
"Almost certainly.  A fix may be difficult at this point.  The code has not been touched in years."
Aug 21
Peter Milner posted a discussion

Reflected background brightness

In Accurender I can turn up the brightness of the reflected background, but when I send the same render to the farm, it renders as the default brightness.Possibly an oversight or a bug?See More
Aug 21
Alfons Akamp posted a discussion

Accurender für Bricscad

Es gab vor einiger Zeit mal eine Version Accurender nxt für Bricscad.Wird es das in Zukunft wieder geben z.B. für Bricscad 19 oder 20??Wäre super, denn dann könnte ich meine 3D Modelle die ich mit Accurender rendere auch mit Bricscad rendern.See More
Aug 15

© 2019   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service