AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Are there new .ARX files etc needed to get nXt rendering running inside Acad 2019 I've tried loading the files that worked for Acad 2016 but when I type 'nxt' on the Acad command line it says not recognized.

Many thanks

Diz

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Download and install the latest version from:

nXtRender Downloads Page

Normally nXtRender registers its commands with AutoCAD during installation. On occasion, this mechanism may fail. In this case you will need to manually load nXt the first time you run it in a particular version of AutoCAD. Use the following procedure:

1. Type _appload at the command line.
  2. Navigate to the folder where nXt was installed. This is normally C:\Program Files\AccuRender nXt
  3. Select one of the following files depending on your platform:
  • AccuRender nXt.arx-OR- AccuRender nXt64.arx (AutoCAD 2007 – 2009)
  • AccuRender nXt_18_.arx-OR- AccuRender nXt_18_64.arx (AutoCAD 2010 – 2012)
  • AccuRender nXt_19_.arx-OR- AccuRender nXt_19_64.arx (AutoCAD 2013 – 2014)
  • AccuRender nXt_20_.arx-OR- AccuRender nXt_20_64.arx (AutoCAD 2015- 2016)
  • AccuRender nXt_21_.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt_21_64.arx(AutoCAD 2017)
  • AccuRender nXt_22_.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt_22_64.arx(AutoCAD 2018)
  • AccuRender nXt_23_.arx -OR- AccuRender nXt_23_64.arx(AutoCAD 2019)
  1. Press Load

Check the AutoCAD command line to verify that the application loaded without error. At this point you should be able to type nxt or ar5 to launch the application. You should not have to repeat this procedure again for this version of AutoCAD. Simply typing nxt or ar5 at the command prompt should cause nxt to load. You may need to repeat this procedure if you install another version of AutoCAD.

Regards,

Rich

Hey Rich,

Fantastic stuff, right on the money, worked like a charm.

Thanks so much.

Diz

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Peter Milner commented on Chris Fox's photo
Thumbnail

Senior Living Rear

"Hi Chris, The modelling, lighting and rendering are very good on these three images. However, I feel they are let down slightly by the "Photoshopped" plants, cars and people. I think it's mainly to do with the shadow direction and…"
Oct 26
Chris Fox posted photos
Oct 22
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Peter Milner's discussion Frosted glass
"Not yet.  It's not quite like that-- where you can offload certain portions.  It's more like an all or nothing proposition."
Oct 12
George Ioannidis replied to Peter Milner's discussion Frosted glass
"Thank you Roy. The more physical based effects nXt has, the more realistic pictures it will compute. All of those need a lot of computing power under (or on top of) our desks though. Are you doing any move to engage GPUs on rendering process in nXt?…"
Oct 11
"Most are using nVidia's stuff for denoising-- it's pretty impressive. They are reflective caustics which you get automatically in the new engine-- yes, I think they come from sunlight striking the chair bases.  They should be pretty…"
Oct 11
George Ioannidis replied to Peter Milner's discussion Frosted glass
"Nice! Many path renderers are introducing denoising features with good results. I have a question on those images Roy: the bright elliptical spots on the wall between the two windows are reflection caustics from highly reflective surface on the…"
Oct 11
"I've been experimenting with nVidia's denoiser (requires one of their GPUs) in the new Image Editor.  Very promising-- here's regular and denoised.  Click on each image to see it full size:"
Oct 10
"I'm experimenting with nVidia's denoiser-- requires one of their GPUs.  Here's the original and denoised in the new Image Editor:"
Oct 10

© 2018   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service