AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

This shows up and the drawing crashes back to desktop once NXT is loaded. Previous files not having this issue.

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you send me the model and I'll see if I can duplicate it here?

Thanks

rich.hart@renderplus.com

Sent.

X-Ref files included in zip file

Thanks.
I can duplicate the error.

I'll see if I can track down the problem.

I shared your model with Roy, who told me that he has seen this happen when the file format is updated from one version to another without having nxt loaded to manage it's own data.  

He said that recovery was difficult, but one way to recover the file so that it could be used again with nXt was to delete the materials. 

I tried that, and after deleting all the materials I was able to load nXt with that model loaded. if that helps.

That was what I did too. 

Selected all objects and change its layers to zero which by default I do not assignment (as I assign materials by layers) materials to.

Then purge the drawing to remove all of nxt materials.

Take objects back to their rightful layers and reassign the layers.

Is there a faster way to do this?

Not that I know of.

Perhaps someone else who follows this forum knows a faster way to do it.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

George Ioannidis commented on Bryan's photo
Thumbnail

D1

"Path is OK. Peter Milner has done some stunning results using hybrid engine, though it requires really long rendering times for noise clear images. For his job he has got super powered rendering cluster with n² cores and lots of GB of RAM. The…"
yesterday
Bryan commented on Bryan's photo
Thumbnail

D1

"George, this is the path tracer engine. Do you have another recommendation? I am still figuring out materials. I will note that for future renders."
yesterday
mike makki posted a discussion
yesterday
George Ioannidis commented on Bryan's photo
Thumbnail

D1

"Is this done with hybrid render engine or the basic one?Comment not about rendering: Stone material is visibly repeating and I thing also out of scale (too big). Looks more like wallpaper, as there are windows and the wall is too thin to be made of…"
yesterday
Bryan posted photos
yesterday
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Peter Milner's discussion obj files
"Hmmm... I'll take a look at this in nXt for AutoCAD when I get a chance.. it should work. I doubt if the specular maps will work-- I don't think the textured meshes use standard materials.  You are reminding me of why I need to…"
Wednesday
George Ioannidis replied to Peter Milner's discussion obj files
"Peter, I was able to ad all specular and bump maps in Blender right, but for some reason nXt isn't recognizing it at all. The only texture it passes through is the main diffuse map.I am thinking of modifying the basic material (with only…"
Wednesday
Peter Milner replied to Peter Milner's discussion obj files
"Roy, all I get from yours is a blue statue. However, George's works perfectly. Another question - is it possible to use the specular maps to change the properties of the different materials e.g. shiny shoes?"
Wednesday

© 2017   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service