AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi, Im just testing glass and liquid materials and caustics reflections, using path tracer.  I will post later the same image with hybrid.  Just studio lighting 200 passes

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how much time?

I like the metal material. Can you send me?

El metal en el carrito de bebidas esta en el set de metales de accurender. Una hora de renderizado en un I7 con 32 GB de Ram

http://www.accurender.com/page/material-libraries

I wouldn't recommend caustics using the Path Tracer.

Hi Roy, the first one was just testing , here is the version using hybrid engine

Gracias, Alejandro.

By the way, Roy, what is the best situation to use the path tracer, or even the standard engine?

No easy answer to that.  Most people who are doing the very high quality stuff prefer the Path Tracer over the Standard engine-- despite the fact that it can be much slower.  Mike Makki is one exception, he gets very good results with the Standard engine.  

The Hybrid engine is the newest and still a bit experimental, although I like the way it's going and it's the one I use most often.  It's designed to produce the same quality of simulation as the Path Tracer, plus handle a variety of difficult lighting situations much better.  Caustics are better integrated in this approach.

Since you noted Mike Makki's results achieving beautiful exterior scenes,  does the Standard Engine work somewhat better for exterior modeling verses Path Tracer?   I do mostly exterior scenes for business and am never sure if I should be using a different engine.  Just switching engines back and forth in mid stream creates lighting and color changes that only confuse me.  (easily done)

Hey Rich, could you post some pictures here, couldn't you?

The PT or Hybrid engines are usually better-- but can be much slower.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Dizzy Gosnell posted photos
Wednesday
George Ioannidis posted discussions
Monday
George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

sven-home ambus exec lifestyle 01

"Very professionally looking render! Looks very photo-realistic."
Monday
James Bloomer posted photos
Aug 3
Peter Milner posted photos
Jul 30
James Bloomer posted photos
Jul 24
Peter Milner commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

home office 05

"Yes. We used to hide a little soft toy bear called Fret in our sets back in the day when we used photography. We then created a 3D version of Fret and included him in many of our renders. If you have a look at the images in my Ambus 2014 album, you…"
Jul 24
Kevin Lockwood commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

home office 05

"Do you ever hide stuff in your scenes? I used to have my dog Joey in EVERY render. Sometimes an icon on a monitor or in a window reflection, or book cover."
Jul 23

© 2020   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service