AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I was messing with IVY generator ( http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/ ). It produces some really nice plants for external and internal use. I was unable to find out the way of USC treatment of .OBJ (Wavefront) files. I can import 3D model in Ivy just fine but the resulting plant has its own, out of place origin and random-like position. When inserted in Acad with Textured Mesh Object command, it appears on seemingly random place, rotated and mirrored. Maybe Roy could help with this. The result is more than worth trying, even with this inconvenience. Warning: it produces some really HUGE models :) so be careful when using it...

Views: 293

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, Right Hemisphere application is top-notch, but is way too expensive to be considered for just that kind of occasional use.
Hi Akinlolu, the easiest way is to export model (partially is the best solution - export only the part of it where you like to have the greenery) to DXF file. There are AutoCAD plug-ins for direct export to OBJ, they are not free though. Saved DXF file of model can be converted to OBJ using e.g. AccuTrans ( http://www.micromouse.ca/ ), which is not free, but costs only $20 and can handle numerous 3D and other formats. You can then run Ivy and import OBJ file there, create cissus-like plant and export it to textured OBJ file. It can be inserted in nXt directly. I found, that OBJ files have rotated UCS system (Z coordinate in Cartesian system of AutoCAD is presented by Y coordinate in OBJ files). After inserting plant in Autocad (using for insertion WCS 0,0,0 point) object has to be mirrored and rotated. First, adjust USC using Z axis option (local Z axis has to be identical to X axis of WCS) and mirror object (bush) by local Y axis. Then, still in current USC, rotate it -90 degree and voilà :) the bush is in its place. Sounds complicated, but once you try it, it is quite usable method I think :)

Thanks downloading it now?

Plant and tree generation research got me here: http://arnaud.ile.nc/cantree/generator.php

It produces on-line 2D images of (sometimes bizarre) trees and can save them to picture file with alpha. May be of some interest...

Only problem I have is that every thing is white. The the textures for the branches and leaves are not assigned during the birth process. How do I resolve this?
Check your e-mail Akinlolu. But I'm afraid I don't know what is going wrong with your Ivy generator.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Tuesday
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service