AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi All

What is the deal with Windows 8.

1. Will "windows 7's" autocad and nxt work in windows 8 ???

2. Will renderfarm work with windows 8 ???

Has anyone got a idea if windows 8 runs better than windows 8 for rendering or is it the same system with a different face...................

Thanks

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haven't tried it yet.  My guess-- and it is just a guess-- is that everything will work fine and that it won't improve nXt performance.

We installed Windows 8 on a couple of machines - and have had no problems with anything. Microsoft advertises that everything that works in 7 will work in 8, and that seems to be the case - except for about 6 things they identified during the install process - such as Acronis backup - which we use - and for which we had to get the Windows 8 version.

(We did download a "trick" to restore the Start Button, and to have the Windows Keyboard key jump to the Windows interface rather than the "Metro App" screen.

But, unless you simply like new things, don't upgrade yet. Nothing is any faster, or better, at least on the Windows side of things. (and I haven't found anything on the Metro App side which is worth more than a casual glance)

Which version of autocad did you install, as AutoCAD 2007 and 2010 is not work. The former install but not work while the later fail to install.

I can't quite tell what you mean-- AutoCAD doesn't work or nXt doesn't work?

Installed AutoCAD 2007 on Win 8 32 bits but it would not run.

AutoCAD 2010 would not install at all on Win 8.

It was Autocad 2013 that finally worked.

The big deal for me is that for $40-60 I can upgrade all the copies of "Vista" that came with the PC's that I never used, to "windows 8" Where there was no cheap upgrade path from vista to windows 7.
I'm live in hope that windows 8 is windows 7 with a new shopfront.
The Trick's sound pretty cool, the web talks about their dislike for metro app and no start button, care to share.
Thanks for relpy guys.

Windows 7 was a life saver over Vista.

Windows 8 seems to be solid. I am OK with it, but advising the others here at the office to wait a few months until a few things improve and/or people learn how to get around some of the problems better.

Start Button

See: http://windows8startbutton.com/

Start Button for Windows 8

• Restore Windows Start button and Start menu on Windows 8!
  • Make 'desktop mode' as your default Windows startup screen
  • Choose appearance: classic windows, aero mode, Win 7 and more!
  • Restore all your familiar windows menus and options
  • All that and more, absolutely free!

Thanks, I will be using that for sure.............

I made the switch to 8 a couple of weeks ago and love it. It seems that everything loads a bit quicker and searching for things is a breeze. AutoCAD, AutoCAD Arch, and NXT all work perfectly so far. All of my experience - and others I've spoken with - is that if you have software working in 7, it will definitely work in 8.

I had been getting used to using the search feature in the 7 start button anyway, so now missing the Start button is no trouble. I just hit the Windows key and start typing and it's found what I was looking for much faster than I could have browsed for it.

Something to look forward to then.

Scott Hand said:

I made the switch to 8 a couple of weeks ago and love it. It seems that everything loads a bit quicker and searching for things is a breeze. AutoCAD, AutoCAD Arch, and NXT all work perfectly so far. All of my experience - and others I've spoken with - is that if you have software working in 7, it will definitely work in 8.

I had been getting used to using the search feature in the 7 start button anyway, so now missing the Start button is no trouble. I just hit the Windows key and start typing and it's found what I was looking for much faster than I could have browsed for it.

Going to change over I think.........thank guys

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service