AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I just set up two identical computers using the nxt farm software and am running a test rendering.

The computers have AMD 6 core processors at 3.30 GHz and 8GB RAM

Both computers show on the farm monitor as active and both are producing slices of the image.

The "host" computer seems to be running at close to 100% on all 6 cores, all the time.

The second computer is bouncing all over the scale as far as CPU usage, averaging about 33%.

I'm wondering if I have something set wrong. I was thinking they'd both be running full bore.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're probably fine and just experiencing an uneven workload (which happens sometimes.)  

If you do want to do a little more troubleshooting, try disabling the computer running at 100% and see if the other machine shows improved numbers.  (Do this in the Farm Monitor.)  If it's still slow it probably merits some investigation-- the likely culprit is some sort of "clock thief" software running simultaneously.

BTW, as I'm sure you suspect, there is no "host" machine during a farm process.  All machines are equal participants.

Ok, I'll try some other examples and see what happens.

Any idea why the -farmed version of the attached image has the carpet eating the casters?  The -arnxt image was run non-farmed and didn't have this happen.

Right RE: the host business.  I didn't know whether it had something to do with the first computer being the one where autocad was running.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

There's an open issue on the farm re: instanced (repeating) blocks.  I never explored it in detail because it was too difficult to track down and I was waiting for more reports.  Any chance I could get a copy of this?  Upload it if you're willing.  It's particularly relevant now since I'm working on cloud rendering which will use the same executable as the farm.

Slighty OT: I've had an occasion where all the RPC's rotate to the default insertion angle (o°) when rendered on the farm.  They all show but are all facing the same direction. When rendered locally, all is well. 

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service