AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi Roy, is it possible, with nXt running on a dwg1, make a pause, open another dwg2, run nXt on this dwg2 (the dwg1 is open and nXt on pause), stop and close the dwg2, and resume the dwg1... ?

If not possible, is it a big work for you to allow this fonction?

I could do it to verify, but an important job is running since two days, and I'm afraid to loose a part of my render for this experimentation. (I have to make a little job in the same time).

Thanks.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope-- and not something I'm going to do.  If it's the Path Tracer or e4 you can always save it as an nXtImage and combine it with another run.  Multiple sessions of AutoCAD w/ nXt may also work-- no guarantees here, though.

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

Multiple sessions of Autocad always work. Open another drawing in the same session while rendering is in progress crashes AutoCad back to desktop. Stop Nxt and closing its window and that of walkabout, guarantees no crash. 

Yes Akin, I made the experimentation. I let run a nXt job on a first session. I make a pause. I open another dwg with a second session, I launch nXt, start a render job, and stop it. Then I come back to the first session an resume the nXt job. It works. It works to with 2 different Acad (2011 & 2013, or other...) but it was less unexpected.

It's a usefull fonction for me! So I can work on two different job in the same time. Last night I had an heavy job which was running since 2 days, but I needed to work on a little, but very urgent, and nXt did the job... GOOD SUPRISE!

Thanks nXt ;o)

On the other hand, I could stop, restart and combine, But I'm not sure that it's really equivalent in time and quality ratio:

Start, pause, resume and stop. Or start, stop, save in a first file, then restart, stop and save in a second file, and combine in the "image editor".

Perhaps Roy have something to say about it... ;)

As long as you do not attempt to open another drawing during a rendering operation in the same sesion no problem, you need not even stop or pause the first rendering to open another drawing as long as it is in another session, even on the same AutoCad  version (say 2010) 

Builds, back I know this was possible opening and working on another drawing in the same session even while rendering was in progress, all you need do was to minimize rendering and walkabout window. With the need standalone this should no longer be an issues except that we (I ) would like a situation where the the files where linked such that an update on the parent file could be done in the rendering without having to write another studio file and reload.  

With the Path Tracer-- combining multiple runs should work fine provided each has run for a little while (say 10-20 passes?)  With e4, combining multiple runs should be equivalent.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service