AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Starting a new thread...

Latest version of AccuRender Studio is here.  Among other changes:

1. ArStudio command automatically loads the model and begins interactive rendering in addition to bringing up the Control Panel palette.
  2. Decal interface has been redone to include multiple decals and cylindrical projections.
  3. Legacy data is being handled a little better.

Views: 569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the glass material translated as Refractive automatically.

I'm having trouble getting the desired view in Studio.

I've tried setting the view in nXt walkabout and then using that to set the AutoCAD view.

However, when I render from Studio, it gives me something different (see images below).

Interesting.  ArStudio has its own WalkAbout-like feture, it's the little camera button.  If you do it while the preview is running you should see the view changes automatically in the rendering.

That sorted it - using the Studio camera and then selecting "Get AutoCAD view".

Two things don't seem to translate from nXt:

Procedural bump and orientation of texture in a material.

Also, if a decal is changed using nXt, Studio continues to display the original decal.

Editing the decal in the Studio material pallet didn't work either. I had to delete the old one and then use ARDECAL to add the new one.

Thanks, I'll check on the first two.  The third is normal behavior-- data conversion stops when the arstudio data is detected.  There is a command to remove the arstudio data which would allow you to start from scratch-- probably not what you want.

Good day Sir, I am new here and i am so happy we have developers like you that create softwares that make life easy for users like me.

I have a problem with accurender studio setup file. My system reads the software as corrupt and harmful.

Don't worry sir, Its been sorted. Just a minor issue.

Thank you.

Good day Sirs,

Please i have opened my file in autocad and typed nxt for accurender nxt. How do i open the file in accurender studio ?

I'm experimenting with using ArStudio from scratch without combining it with nXt data.

What is the procedure for adding an artificial light?

Okay, I figured out how to do this:

Select the object to be a light first, then click on the + button (it doesn't work if you click the + first and then try to select the object), then make sure you're in perspective view, then re-load the model (if you're not in perspective view, it won't re-load the model) - voila, the light appears in the list.

How do I add lighting channels.

If I click on the button "Select light to edit", the whole Accurender Studio palette disappears.

Editing the brightness can only be done with the up and down arrows. I'm not able to type a value in.

I am unable to change the name of the light or it's beam angle.

There is a problem with the display of the edit box (see below).

I know I've mentioned it before, but the material previews for ArStudio are very poor.

It makes it very difficult to differentiate between them.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"0295 is up, includes scale factor for preview image and stop after # passes.  Haven't gotten to New light channel option in Lights interface yet.  Check it out if you have a chance (no worries if not.)"
Thursday
"Yeah-- I understand.  I just think you may find you have a similar problem in this new engine with trying to estimate how many passes will be good enough.   That can vary a lot. You're always going have some error, allocating…"
Jan 7
Peter Milner replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"The problem is when I'm running several renders over a weekend. How will I know how much time to allocate to each one? I wouldn't want them to run for the same amount of time, as one may over-cook to no extra benefit, while another is…"
Jan 7
"It's an easy feature to add, but I'm pretty sure with this new version you'll find a time constraint to be more reliable.  The rendering below is probably done already, with a noise filter, or close to it."
Jan 7
"I suspect it will take a lot longer without the noise filter. These similar renders ran for 5 minutes each. nXt performed 127 passes and Studio performed 344 passes. Incidentally, is it possible to set a render running to a certain number of…"
Jan 7
"Pretty much the only thing sacrificed has been the sandpaper bump, and even then only in certain circumstances.  Everything else is preserved nicely including any random noise you add to color maps. Hard to say on performance without the…"
Jan 7
"Reliance on the noise filter does concern me a little. A lot of my work involves wood grain and fabrics, both of which can have varying degrees of texture which affect the way light is reflected. With the noise filter off, are renders likely to take…"
Jan 7
"Yes, that works now, though a bit glitchy. Dragging and dropping materials doesn't work (is it supposed to?)."
Jan 7

© 2022   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service