AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

We're up to Build 0082.  This new major release of the AccuRender and nXt product line now includes a plugin that works entirely within AutoCAD just like previous versions. It's got a ton of new features and is available for free for a while.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

See the Download->AccuRender Studio menu items for more details.

Views: 3118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there going to be the option of using ies files?

I think so-- that would also work for this.

I posted 0086, which changes the light distribution somewhat-- so that 25% of the light is distributed diffusely (beam angle = 120) and the rest at the specified beam angle.  The results seem to be pretty good-- I'll make this user configurable if I can figure out how to explain it to people.

Call it "Diffuse Glow" and make it a tick box on the light setup dialog box.

I forgot to mention window glass properties that will negatively impact performance--

• Not using the Thin checkbox and modeling glass as a solid
  • Using a bump map of any kind
  • Using surface roughness

It's fine to do all of the above when you need to.  They all work, they just take a little longer to converge.

The Farm is now working.

This one ran for 40 minutes (80 cores).

Will there be an option for running renderings for a certain number of passes rather than by time?

Nice. 

I can certainly add passes as a constraint.  I did this to keep it consistent with the cloud stuff, where I won't be adding passes since everyone is billed by time. Passes, BTW, are called Samples per Pixel in the Image Editor.  You can check that number to see what's reasonable (which may be significantly different than past engines.)

Check out a product called Neat Image when you get a chance.  It does a really nice job removing residual noise. 

Something has gone wrong with the direction of lights.

I set it to 0,0,-1 and it keeps reverting to 0,0,0 and no light is being emitted from the source.

Okay, I've changed it to "Down" which seems to work.

I'll check into this. I may ask for additional steps to recreate.

0087 should take care of this.

Here's a direct comparison between nXt and Studio with all the correct settings.

nXt ran for just over 22 minutes with 2000 passes.

Studio ran for 23 minutes with 6443 samples.

My two concerns are: the graininess of the image and the jagged outline round the lights.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023
Maciej posted photos
Jun 6, 2023
Marko Stout replied to Peter Milner's discussion Comotion
"Is comotion still om progres? I need to make some moving parts in NXT!!"
Apr 7, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service