AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hey, 

My ceiling is white but comes out in the rendering as dark gray, how can I fix that?

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have a lot of time to work on yours, but here are some general observations.

1. Omnidirectional sources cast light in all directions.  Don't use these for flush mounted figures.  At best you'll be wasting a lot of time calculating light that just end up in the ceiling space-- at worst you'll create a bunch of artifacts for yourself.  Select all of the circular downlights, right click, hit Properties, and change the distribution to Spot lights.
  2. Use surfaces, not solids, for lights which are flush-mounted.  The light labeled "Mikveh Side" in the current view is an example of a solid which should probably be a region or 3dface.  This light also exhibits problem 3.
  3. Be careful of coincident surfaces when rendering.  Two objects which occupy exactly the same space cannot be  resolved consistently by most renderers.  Make sure flush-mounted lights are displaced a fraction of an inch below the ceiling plane.  As noted before, this is not just a problem with the lighting in your model-- but some objects like the glass around the show occupy exactly the same space as some other objects.
  4. It's probably better to break long cove lights into several smaller ones (perhaps a 4' limit in length).  This will also help you set your intensity.  100 watts of incandescent illumination (1700 lumens) is likely not nearly enough intensity for an entire wall of cove lighting.  Always use realistic lighting values.  These lights can have Omni distributions if they're modeled as tubes.
  5. Be careful to only model those lights you're interested in.  More lights will result in longer rendering times.  More complex lighting will take longer to resolve.
  6. Let the program inform you about the design.  It's good at simulating lighting-- that's its job.  For example, surrounding the Mikveh in dark materials is a really interesting idea.  Using a good simulation though, you can tell that it may be highlighting things like the shower-- which may not be your intent.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Apr 16
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service