AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

We're up to Build 0082.  This new major release of the AccuRender and nXt product line now includes a plugin that works entirely within AutoCAD just like previous versions. It's got a ton of new features and is available for free for a while.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

See the Download->AccuRender Studio menu items for more details.

Views: 2376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It this good enough?  I'm currently reworking the interface to make it a bit easier to use.  Since I wrote that page I released an AutoCAD plugin that works within AutoCAD similar to the current product.

I am an old Accurender user. I now need to try and re-create some old images from old models. (about 20 years old)

I have now downloaded Accurender Studio, and now work with AutoCAD 2016 and 2017

I have 2 questions related to Accurender Studio:

1) Your write-up states:

Out-of-AutoCAD operation
Option for out-of-process rendering so you can continue to work in AutoCAD.

How do you get this to work? I see no options. AutoCAD is locked up while app is running.

2) Can this be installed as a portable app? For instance, I have a corporate computer that runs AutoCAD but I don't have admin rights to install the .msi installer. Can I just copy the files to a local folder and load the dll file within AutoCAD without going through a system install?

1-  On the Rendering Tab there is a popdown called Destination.  The option is called something like "Local Out of Process". 

2-  No, installation will require admin access.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Peter Milner replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Yes, the glass material translated as Refractive automatically."
Dec 23, 2020
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Yeah-- like I mentioned the caustics are accurate but could be annoying.  Things that might alter it include changing the sun angle so it's not striking the chair's metal surfaces so directly, changing the roughness of the chair…"
Dec 23, 2020
"Here's the latest render using metallic materials. The chrome now looks a lot better. I do feel though that the reflected light on the back wall is too bright."
Dec 23, 2020
"Ah-- so that's a function of the material type.  The standard material won't give you a mirror anymore.  You need to change the material to metallic and you should get something more familiar.  Use the Type popdown on the…"
Dec 18, 2020
"Pacing a mirror on the back wall (reflections = 1.0, noise = 0.0), you can see the difference more clearly (top image is nXt)."
Dec 18, 2020
"You can see from these two images that there is definitely something wrong with reflective surfaces. It appears the light is being reflected, but not objects or textures. In the nXt version (top image), the carpet texture is being reflected in the…"
Dec 18, 2020
"It's interesting-- overall the quality of this interior is very high for that short amount of processing, and may be acceptable for certain scenes.  In this one, however, there are some reflective caustics that are taking longer to…"
Dec 17, 2020
"ARDECAL now works. Here's the image after 10 minutes of rendering. I do have a slight concern that reflective surfaces seem rather dull. This is particularly evident on the end frame of the desk and the base of the chair."
Dec 17, 2020

© 2021   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service