AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hello,

I need help, with NXT I don't know how to attach a graphic (logo) on a taper shape sign.

Somebody can help me?

Is it possible?

See the file I attached

Thank you

Éric

Views: 228

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cylindrical mapping.

Thank you George but it canot work it is not a cylinder it is a like a cone. See the jpeg I attached previously.

With the cylinder command the size of the circle bottom diameter must be identique to the top?

Let me know if I miss something

Merci for your help

Éric

Sorry Eric, I didn't noticed there was attachment. I don't know how to do it in nXt, but it is really easy to do it in Blender for instance. Then just export the object on OBJ format and insert it in nXt as textured model. The only problem on that method is that you must be somehow familiar with Blender and its UV mapping procedure.

I don't how work Blender. I find a easier way... I will had with CorelDraw.

Thank you for the tip.

Éric from Montréal

Am I missing something here? cylindrical mapping wont work for you?

something like this?

Yup ;)

bad example. I used the first long sign image I found and copied it 3 times to fit the circumference. .The graphic does not tile seamless. 

Another test using a grid so you can see how setting the decal radius larger than the object projects to fit.

Still a slight gap where they join. 

bad example. I used the first long sign image I found and copied it 3 times to fit the circumference. .The graphic does not tile seamless. 

Another test using a grid so you can see how setting the decal radius larger than the object projects to fit.

Still a slight gap where they join. 

Thank you guys, I thought cylinder wouldn't work for that shape.

Have a nice weekend

Éric

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Peter Milner replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"The material previews don't seem very clear. Compare nXt to AR Studio below."
1 hour ago
"A few more observations/questions: Objects with decals when mirrored no longer show the decal. Is there an option for a ground plane? Decal properties such as transparency and colour masking don't seem to exist."
1 hour ago
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Perfect-- when you get a chance, if you could send some of the decals, particularly the book ones, that would be helpful."
21 hours ago
"Sorry Roy. I've just sent you the correct one."
21 hours ago
"Looks like a different model-- open staircase, etc.  I can see the aspect ratio issue, I'll fix that this morning.  I may need the decal bitmaps to examine that issue."
21 hours ago
"I've sent it to your mcneel email address vie WeTransfer."
22 hours ago
"I'll take a look-- can you send the model?"
22 hours ago
"I've also got an issue with aspect ratio. I set it to 1920x1358 (first image). Then when I run the preview render, it defaults to 1:1 1920x1920 (second image)."
22 hours ago

© 2020   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service