AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Thx for all comments, gentlemen.
Car(s) moved out to the street, sun direction goes together with background's daylight settings, let's hope the house is the only focal point...
BTW - Chris, your grass looks very good on every image, maybe any cues how to achieve this?

Views: 274

You need to be a member of AccuRender nXt to add comments!

Join AccuRender nXt

Comment by George Ioannidis on November 19, 2013 at 12:05am

It's not wise to render the grass, it's better to smoke it. (Never did that myself though :D )

Seriously now, Chris's method is good, I often use it too in combination with painted grass planes endings using grass brush in GIMP. That way transmission from e.g. pavement to lawn does not look so unnaturally clean. It has its drawbacks though. All shadows on it must be created in GIMP too, but after 2-3 times one can get used to it and can do it fast and believably.

When I want to play with rendering more and have time to do it, I pass all ground stuff to Blender and using particle system I create real geometry of grass (mostly in near to camera areas). The result can be easily combined later in GIMP with rendering of the building without surroundings. It may sound complicated, but believe me, it's not ;)

Finally, I like this image very much Maciej. Looks almost like photo. If I were you I would definitely use those grass brushes for the grass planes endings. Great job!

Comment by Chris Fox on November 18, 2013 at 10:29pm

Actually I don't render the grass... I have image files that I place in photoshop that are high resolution grass images. I like this much better then rendering as it allows me the flexibility to change the tone, brightness and saturation instantly rather then waiting for it to render. I have learned that NXT does a great job of rendering buildings I.e. static objects. But when you start rendering nature it starts to look mechanical. All the landscaping, window reflections, skies and people are done in photoshop. When you get comfortable working in PS it becomes an invaluable tool to finishing your images.

Comment by mike makki on November 18, 2013 at 6:05am

Comment by Maciej on November 18, 2013 at 3:57am

Mike,

I do know, but I am not satisfied with it. It looks artificial. In my opinion, the best way to achieve the good results, is the nice bitmap with bump (noise) for 2nd plan, and your grass (the best, so far...) for the first plan. The point is, your grass is about 20-25cm high and very green. I tried to "mow" it to 7-8cm, and make it more olive, yellow - which is more suitable to the area I live. (I used to work in Hampshire, UK, for couple of years, the grass was very green indeed...)

Question - how to make "your" grass about 7-8cm high and more straight?

PS - I created some nice timber cladding materials and concrete, I think. Is anyone of you interested? I can also share the Maple branch (png file - top left), may be useful for you...

Comment by mike makki on November 18, 2013 at 2:21am

you know you can add grass displacement right nxt?? if you dont let me know

Search

Latest Activity

Dizzy Gosnell posted photos
yesterday
George Ioannidis posted discussions
Monday
George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

sven-home ambus exec lifestyle 01

"Very professionally looking render! Looks very photo-realistic."
Monday
James Bloomer posted photos
Aug 3
Peter Milner posted photos
Jul 30
James Bloomer posted photos
Jul 24
Peter Milner commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

home office 05

"Yes. We used to hide a little soft toy bear called Fret in our sets back in the day when we used photography. We then created a 3D version of Fret and included him in many of our renders. If you have a look at the images in my Ambus 2014 album, you…"
Jul 24
Kevin Lockwood commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

home office 05

"Do you ever hide stuff in your scenes? I used to have my dog Joey in EVERY render. Sometimes an icon on a monitor or in a window reflection, or book cover."
Jul 23