AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Completed render test using new algorithm. Wall bump pops up really nice, the glass is very convincing, chrome sphere does some really nice caustics on the teapot. The only thing I don't understand is the stripes visible on tea cups, especially on the nearest one. Looks like surface softness was lost somewhere.

Views: 642

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice.  I'll have a new build pretty soon.

Hi George - luv it - but couldn't resist giving it a quick clean to get rid of that dust - it was far too life like. Wish we could have a go with the sketchup version.

I'll let Al have it pretty soon Richcat-- just a few more details to work out. 

Cheers Roy :-)

With sun and caustics.

Es sol automatico Roy? Se ve muy bien la imagen

Just "Exterior Daylight" preset.  No caustics switches to set.  No glass in the window in George's model, although I have a version with glass which I'll test soon (should be a very similar result.)

Sun (slightly different angle) and single sheet of window glass.  ~15 minutes-- taking a little longer to resolve but well on its way.

Standard glass with IOR of 1.5. Because this one uses a glass window, all of the light in the scene is really a "caustic" and is calculated quite differently from the first image.  It is encouraging that the results are similar.

Fresnel for glass is based completely on the IOR-- the fresnel slider on the Transparency page should always be left alone.  Same image with window glass modeled as two 3dfaces.

Ah-- nothing at all to do with fresnel.  This light path is excluded in all of the engines (intentionally).  You cannot see the sun directly, nor can you see a perfectly specular reflection of it (you can't see it through a perfectly specular window either.)  If you turn on Highlight under the Sun settings you will get some reflection of the sun in materials which are glossy (not perfectly specular)-- but I don't generally recommend this.

I have considered allowing this path and may do so in the future-- but it's difficult to handle.  The solar disk is very very much brighter than anything else in the image.  The brightest part of this image is about 25000 cd/m^2.  The solar disk can be as bright as 1,600,000,000 cd/m^2.  It's tough to say what it actually looks like because you can't look at it comfortably.  It would also cause an enormous firefly problem...

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Apr 16
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service