AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi,

I've just reactivated my old 32-bit machine
after a clean reinstall of everything.

Just to run test-renders as i did before -
It was possible to run renders with hdris, even with slightly
complex materials with displacement attached.

Now I'm not able to run a render longer than a minute, even with
totally simple model/no materials/default settings and low resolution .

Autocad crashes, Computer restarts.

Running AC 2012 with arnxt_0348-NK21.

Can everybody give me a hint - every help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 357

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What would I be without Greece:)

Will try the procedure you have suggested.

Power supply can't be- did not changed anything here.

Thanks George!

Don't be so sure about power supply. My son's game rig started shutdowns suddenly. We changed even the mo-bo without any success. Shutdowns continued. Until I did p.s. swap (from my machine to his). Guess what happened? :) Grüße von Griechenland Thorsten :)

Turn CPU max down-- usually something like 95% will take care of it.

Doesn't that mean that turning your CPU 95% down it will run only at 5% of its full horsepower? Does it mean that the rendering will then run 20X longer than of full CPU throttle? Or did you mean to set the CPU usage to 95%? Are those 5% enough to keep things cool enough? Interesting issue anyway.

Abracadabra; adjusting 'Maximum Processor State' (in 'Processor Power Management') -
so it does not exceed 95% of its capabilities seems to be doing the trick - as Roy pointed out. Thanks!

Will try new thermal compound anyway - maybe i can switch back fan spin after this .

Super! Another useful lesson learned. Thanks Roy!

You can experiment with this setting if you want- sometimes 99% works  fine and slightly improves performance.  Or you can leave it alone-- these heat shutdowns are not really very good for a computer.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Roy Hirshkowitz replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Accurender studio not loading
"No idea-- that's a function of the exporter.  We do have a sketchup-based product about to go into wider beta available through RenderPlus if you're interested."
15 hours ago
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Accurender studio not loading
"Good afternoon Sir, Sir, is there any way i can bring in textures assigned to my model into autocad, after exporting ? I mean see the same texturesi assigned in sketchup in autocad ? Thank you Sir."
19 hours ago
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Accurender studio not loading
"Thank you so much sir for fixing the errors. Now i know better."
19 hours ago
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to OYEBANJI EMMANUEL's discussion Accurender studio not loading
"The model needs some work-- if you're translating from SketchUp this will often be the case.  I did a few things to make it workable: The units were wrong-- AutoCAD thinks the drawing is in inches but the model is, in fact, in…"
yesterday
"I have sent it successfully to your mail."
yesterday
"You'll need to send me the drawing if you want me to test it. You can email me at roy@mcneel.com or provide a link."
yesterday
"Good morning Sir, I want to say thank you for the other time. Accurender studio loaded successfully. Although i have an issue. I tried using accurender nxt to assign materials before loading up accurender studio but i could only see an all black…"
Friday
"Good day Sir, Thanks for the advice. Ihave a little problem though. I imported my model from sketchup as an autocad file, then opened the autocad file and then i setup autocad camera. Typed arstudio and accurender studio plugin came up and then i…"
Thursday

© 2021   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service