AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi,

I've just reactivated my old 32-bit machine
after a clean reinstall of everything.

Just to run test-renders as i did before -
It was possible to run renders with hdris, even with slightly
complex materials with displacement attached.

Now I'm not able to run a render longer than a minute, even with
totally simple model/no materials/default settings and low resolution .

Autocad crashes, Computer restarts.

Running AC 2012 with arnxt_0348-NK21.

Can everybody give me a hint - every help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 220

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What would I be without Greece:)

Will try the procedure you have suggested.

Power supply can't be- did not changed anything here.

Thanks George!

Don't be so sure about power supply. My son's game rig started shutdowns suddenly. We changed even the mo-bo without any success. Shutdowns continued. Until I did p.s. swap (from my machine to his). Guess what happened? :) Grüße von Griechenland Thorsten :)

Turn CPU max down-- usually something like 95% will take care of it.

Doesn't that mean that turning your CPU 95% down it will run only at 5% of its full horsepower? Does it mean that the rendering will then run 20X longer than of full CPU throttle? Or did you mean to set the CPU usage to 95%? Are those 5% enough to keep things cool enough? Interesting issue anyway.

Abracadabra; adjusting 'Maximum Processor State' (in 'Processor Power Management') -
so it does not exceed 95% of its capabilities seems to be doing the trick - as Roy pointed out. Thanks!

Will try new thermal compound anyway - maybe i can switch back fan spin after this .

Super! Another useful lesson learned. Thanks Roy!

You can experiment with this setting if you want- sometimes 99% works  fine and slightly improves performance.  Or you can leave it alone-- these heat shutdowns are not really very good for a computer.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

mike makki replied to mike makki's discussion inspirational images by mike makki
Dec 7
mike makki replied to mike makki's discussion inspirational images by mike makki
Dec 7
"yes.. the new 9pro.. i also understand lumion has a plugin for Rhino i did this in 9 with timelaps"
Dec 7
S. Jaisimha replied to S. Jaisimha's discussion Material with stretch map (not tile)
"Hmm, I guess we'll have to use decals. Just that the decal needs to be applied to each object, instead of selecting them all and applying as a material, which will be much much faster when I have more than 30-40 objects to which the material…"
Dec 4
Thorsten Hedrich posted a photo
Dec 2
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to S. Jaisimha's discussion Material with stretch map (not tile)
"I don't believe we have anything that automatically scales to object size.  Decals might not be as horrible a workaround as you think-- they need to be scaled per object anyway.  There is an import option for textured meshes-- these…"
Nov 30
mike makki commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

view 002 small

"there goes the porsche again.... surely ... not the same one ..:D:D:D:D..."
Nov 29
S. Jaisimha posted a discussion

Material with stretch map (not tile)

Is there any way to create a material where the image map stretches across the object, instead of tiling?For example, the attached image "Jaali.jpg" is the material map I want to stretch across any object I apply it to. But it always seems to tile it across the object, as shown in the "Sample output.jpg".I can't use the object decal option, since the object that the material is applied to is not always the same (i.e., it can be applied to multiple objects and the size of these objects are not…See More
Nov 28

© 2018   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service