AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Is this tool working?

I just tried it on several legacy libraries with no success. The rare occasion when I think it did work, it looks like it skips bump maps. Also get this error every time

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Clearly a bug.  Appears to be working here-- I'll pass it on to Renderplus.

I get the error in the R20 64 bit  version, AutoCAD 2015.
I'll see if I can figure out what the cause is.

Still works in the R19, AutoCAD 2013, version.

I posted a new version with a fix for the error being thrown by the Legacy Material Converter in AutoCAD 2015, version 0348-OA08.

http://nxtrender.com/download/?utm_medium=download_tab

If you are still having trouble with bump maps being skipped, I will need to get a sample .mlib file from you and some steps on what to look for.

It's working fine now. Thanks!

AR4 had a method of selecting images (multiple), right click and "convert to material", all from explorer, stand alone from AutoCad. Any chance of bringing that back? Maybe a set of nXt tools (materials, convert to HDRI...)

Stop!

When it converts the old material mlib it deletes the original files used (jpg/png...)

Its taken several directories of my textures before I found this.

I don't suppose you have a converter to pull embedded files out? :-/

The coverter should not delete anything.  All original material libs and maps are only read, never written or deleted.  The maps should still be in their original locations. This is a major bug if it's actually happening.

The converted materials probably do have embedded maps, though. There's no official, supported, way to extract these. 

I didn't "test" this too much, but the one I "saw" happen was a series of 5 milbs and its material maps in a single folder. I only caught this because I had the folder with the materials and mlib open and watched the file count drop from 152 files to 119 after running 2 mlibs.

Another folder had a set of converted files, but all the .ARmaterials where blank white. This is a set I ran twice. Second time, the maps were gone.

I hate to say it, but it did work fine on a couple other libraries.

It may be writing some temporary files-- I can check the code-- but deleting input stuff doesn't make any sense and it's very unlikely that it's something I did.  Usually those files are opened in a way that doesn't permit deleting.  Nothing's impossible, though.

The converter has never been perfect.  For example, tga's are not used and must be converted to a different format.  I can try out any libs that you're having trouble with.  I will need the map files as well.

I tested it again at work. Used the same directory and mlib and the same thing happened. Here's a shot of the files disappearing...

I have the directory zipped up. files/folders/mlibs. 7.8mb

where do I send it?

I also searched for missing files. They weren't moved. Search found nothing but my backup zip.

That's not good.  Try here:

http://www.rhino3d.com/upload

Use roy@mcneel.com as the recipient.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Kevin Lockwood replied to MES's discussion Animation using WalkAbout in CAD.
"Its been years for me too.  I think Daniel spent some time getting CoMotion running again.  http://www.accustudio.com/marketplace/comotion As to stitching frames, the tool I used to use wasn't working last time I tried, but I did…"
Saturday
Rich Rosemann replied to MES's discussion Animation using WalkAbout in CAD.
"Is CoMotion no longer being updated?"
Nov 11
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to MES's discussion Animation using WalkAbout in CAD.
"Sorry you're not getting a better response here-- our animation stuff is pretty rudimentary.  Hoping someone will still chime in though.  I haven't looked at this stuff for such a long time, my guess is that the software I used…"
Nov 8
MES posted a discussion

Animation using WalkAbout in CAD.

Hi,I want to create a "fly thru" or "walk thru" animation using Nxt in CAD 2015.  Anyone has experience with this and would like to share how to use it? Any important tips?Thank you!See More
Nov 7
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Enrico Gheno's discussion Perspective between 3D model and background image on NXT autocad 2015
"There are a couple of ways to do this-- In nXt the WalkAbout window allows you to insert and manipulate background images and your viewpoint independently.  You can either allow nXt to composite the image for you, or save the thing with a…"
Nov 4
Enrico Gheno posted a discussion

Perspective between 3D model and background image on NXT autocad 2015

Hi, I would like to insert my 3D model on an image in background, obviously with the correct position, size and perspective lines.Is there a method to move the 3D model to adapt it at the image in background?At the moment i can only try to setting the position of my 3D model with the Autocad camera and launch the render to control if the position is correct, but it's impossible to find it. I must render my 3D model and put it in my image with Photoshop. Not a great result.Look down here, the…See More
Nov 3
Peter Milner replied to Peter Milner's discussion RenderFarm passes and tasks
"Hi Rich, That could be the answer. We have a new designer working at one of our other sites and she may have started a drawing from scratch instead of using a template. Therefore it would be set to use the standard rendering engine. Thank you for…"
Oct 22
Rich Hart replied to Peter Milner's discussion RenderFarm passes and tasks
"Is the rendering engine set t be the Path Tracer on that machine? I see it is disabled on my computer if the engine is set to Standard. http://accurender.ning.com/forum/topics/tasks-in-render-farm-window"
Oct 22

© 2019   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service