AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I am setting up an interior animation and would like some help on lighting.

The issue I am having is that I would like to find a better balance with the environment light coming through the exterior glass.  The space, particularly the ceiling, feel dark to me considering the large amount of windows lighting the space.

If I increase the sky intensity then it completely washes out the mullions which are important for me to show.  I also would like to see the clouds through the glass which is shown on other views. The cloud image is a planar map to a surface outside the glass. 

I'll upload a small sample of the animation for an example as well.

I am using the sun, background at visible sky intensity at .001, interior lights on and sky at auto.

TSTC-1a:

cloud .75

sun 1

Sky intensity: .009

brightness: .30

TSTC-1b:

cloud .75

sun 1

Sky intensity: .5

brightness .30

TSTC-1c

same as b except brightness at 0

Views: 876

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://pano2movie.com/download

This is exactly what I've been looking for.  I can set a path for the panorama then export individual frames for compiling into a movie.

Thanks for the help.  I'll post some results later on.

Wow, That's really cool. Sure beats screen capture (camtasia) attempts I've made.
I'm thinking based on this discussion I should probably include another animation tool inside of nXt.  What I'm thinking of is actually just a checkbox in our 3d Slides interface that generates a canned movie based on panos.  It would generate a pano for each view, then do something like spin around and generate single frames from the panos.  Some sort of transition from view to view might be nice.  It should be pretty easy to do-- since I'm not trying to do real-time rectification of the spherical projection I can take a few seconds for each frame.  Does this sound like a useful tool?  You'd also get the panoramas of course-- plus a potentially long "animation" for minimal cost.
That sounds allot like how Sketchup generates animations. Transitions between views. That would be a great tool to have.
We've already got that-- the 3d slides do that.  What I'm wondering is whether we should have a "panorama option" also.

That would be a very nice option to have inside of nxt.  If its easy to do then an option to fade from last frame of camera a to first frame of camera b over a configurable length of time or to fade through a black would be helpful also.  This would cut down on my post processing time building transitions and add a nice level of profesionality.

I'm pretty sure it's easy to do.  Can't really think of any problems right now.

I always leave sky and sun set to 1.0 for all my interior renderings.

I set internal lights to real world values and put them on a different channel.

Then I use the nXt image editor to tweak the exposure and lighting balance and finally use Photoshop to add the background.

Works every time and is nice and quick.

This would definetly be my approach on a single image, yet since this is an animation of approximately 500 frames covering several views of the room my approach has been a bit different. 

How does the sun / light channels work on the slideshow?  For example if I adjust the channels then render the sequence will all consecutive images follow the same channel values that are set on the initial image? 

Como poner las luces en canales diferentes?

Here's the Wiki article on it.  It's better to start a new discussion to ask a question like this so we don't hijack the original discussion.

I would find the new pano tool Roy is talking about useful, I've been making 1-3 panos per larger project and using hot spots to switch between them but when I send a disc to clients they sometime have trouble using the simple mouse controls. Something that is automatic with transitions would end this frustration for both our office and the client.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Apr 16
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service