AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi Roy, I have this problem: I set up a carrara marble material (quite a long time to reach the desired effect!) but when I open again the drawing the material has changed and I have to set again all values. I also saved the material to a file, nxt charges it without problems, but if I close and open the drawing all settings are different. The image shows 20 passes renders without path tracer: on the left the material as I want it to be, on the right how it changes when reopening the drawing (also the entire image changes a little bit). Any suggestion please? Thanks

Views: 2119

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've already found and fixed it.

Thanks Roy, will the fix be in next release? I have two more questions: material editor uses "," as separator for decimals, while materials opened from nXt use "." (which is the standard of my machine and it's comfortable as it is on the numeric pad). Wouldn't be possible to uniform the input? Wouldn't be possible to have a sort of switch on/off for different procedural layers in the material editor? Many thanks.

The fix will be in the next release.  

I'm not telling the app what decimal separator to use-- that's determined by Windows and I'm sure you can change it.  It's always a '.' here in the US.  (Within AutoCAD there may be a setting for this which would account for the difference.) 

No to making any changes to the procedural pattern interface at the moment.

Thanks Roy. Have a nice w-e

never liked procedural materials because they don't look very realistic imho. The only advantage is that you can map them seamless but other than that, i prefer texture maps

Lovely can you share these?

Really nice Jan, your marble texture map.   It will be great if you can share this one.

nothing special with this texture. Just used this jpg with some reflection and no sharpness.Tiling will be difficult. If you want, i try to make it seamless and post it. I' ve tried to get some SSS one this one but i'm still struggling with the settings, but that's another topic.

Procedural materials are very usefull in order to have light materials and files. Of course textures are more realistic, but you can obtain realistic effect by working with procedural materials as well. Is just a question of putting some extra time in preparing accurate materials. Furthermore, for distant object does not make sense to me to charge heavy texture when the final result may be almost the same.

For sure Miguel, I think this is a very good selection for distant objects.

En muchos casos uso materiales procedurales. Claro que si tengo que hacer un primer plano de algo muy particular, voy a usar texturas. Este modelo es solamente 25MB todo incluido!

since i only do interiors i don't much have to deal with distant objects, maybe that's the reason i don't use procedural materials very much. One of the problems with texture maps is the tiling on large objects. Very difficult to avoid repetition. I use offset in PS to make seamless materials based on small texture maps to keep the files small but it would be fantastic to have somekind of randomizing in the material editor to achieve this goal. Arroway has fantastic materials but yes, they are heavy.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Maciej posted photos
Apr 16
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

00001 copy

An office render i did recently.Critics and comments are welcome.Its one of the frames of a walkthrough animation i did recently.I used sketchup to model, exported to autocad and rendered with nxt render.
Nov 22, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

nxt render Course/tutorial

Good day Sir,I want to know the number of people that would be interested in a nxt render course because i plan to create one.Please send me a prompt reply if you are interested.Just sayHi am in.Checkout a walkthrough i just created recently with nxt render for autocad after modelling in sketchup and then post-producing in photoshop.…See More
Nov 5, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"Good day Sir, Hope this message meets you well. I just completed a short walkthrough of an office. Its down here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4p5Iyiq5MiSK137UT1eH3POuiI5ZLDA/view?usp=drive_link"
Nov 5, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service