AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Hi Roy,

Working on office interior I made some pictures for the wall. There was strange behavior when glass and gray painting frame faces touch each other. See attached. I solved the problem leaving small gap between them (1mm). Is it known restriction?

Regards.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coincident faces are always a problem-- not just for us but for other renderers as well.  Avoid them if possible.

Thank you Roy. Finally I did pictures all with space gap.

Back to your advice: Does it mean that it is better to have all the furniture slightly "floating" above the floor in e.g. 1mm height? Will this "trick" improve anything as regards to rendering time for instance?

No-- don't float the furniture.  It only matters when both surfaces are visible.  If you think about it, there's no reliable way to tell which surface a ray has hit if they're both occupying the same physical space.  The results in nXt's case will not be consistent-- sometimes it will hit one surface, sometimes the other.  

In the case of, say, a table leg resting on a floor, it will only be an issue if the surface is visible (a transparent table leg, for example.)

An old conundrum solved! :)
That's what we do when we model a volume of a liquid in a transparent glass. Not in the case of the water in the pool. In this case we have to use a 3D face (alaways seen from above). right?

Yes to the swimming pool.  This 3d face is not tagged as thin.

Complex transparency like liquid in a glass isn't handled very well in nXt.  The best current solution is probably to leave small gaps between the glass and the liquid.  This is physically incorrect for liquids but will work OK for now.

Thanks, Roy. Are you going to work on these physical phenomenons? It's not very important for my work, but just to know...

Maybe at some point.  

It's quite difficult to even model this correctly-- solid modeling doesn't even really work for this-- you need intermediate boundaries within the solid.  I'm not even sure if you could do it with Rhino.  Materials also need to be defined as interfaces-- for example Glass->Liquid or Glass->Air.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Sergio88 replied to Peter Milner's discussion Windows 11
"Hello, I have a lot of problems with the nXtRender plugin for AutoCAD with AutoCAD 2021 under Windows 11 installed on a new machine (no problem with the same dwg's under windows 10) : - material applyed are not rendered. I have to explode…"
Jun 5
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a discussion

Questions for nxt render for autocad

Good day everyone,Can anyone here help me with these issues i keep having with nxt render for autocad ?1. How do you bring in textured models into autocad ( 3ds and obj) without losing their textures or having to re-assign them.2. How do you move these objects from place to place without experiencing viewport refresh sluggishness in the autocad viewport ?3. How do you add dirt to fabric textures for rendering.4. How do you avoid repeat patterns in textures for rendering ?See More
Jun 4
George Ioannidis commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

V01 - dark 02

"Those are all very nice pictures Maciej, well done! Are those renewed older buildings or new housing development?"
May 25
Maciej posted photos
Apr 16
N` Goraw replied to N` Goraw's discussion ACCURENDER NXT FOR WALKTHROUGHS
"thank you a lot for this"
Apr 12
Tom Jarvi posted photos
Mar 12
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1 copy (1)

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's scenes. I dont have the file. I photo-matched it in sketchup and rendered in nxt render for autocad.I just retouched it and increased the resolution.
Dec 20, 2023
OYEBANJI EMMANUEL posted a photo

Render 1

This is a remake of one of Peter Milner's renders.I dont have the file. I photo-matched the scene in sketchup and rendered with nxt render in autocad.I replicated it.
Dec 18, 2023

© 2024   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service