AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

I want to create multiple materials with different bump maps, so that they can be assigned to the objects in AutoCAD for rendering. Please see the attachment for an idea. The idea is to assign the appropriate one to the object for rendering.

If this can be achieved, it will avoid a whole lot of symbol creation, since right now to get the design etching, we are creating individual symbols for each design. Obviously this is very time consuming and results in literally thousands of DWG files, one for each design and size.

Is this possible at all? If so, how can this be done? Any help is much appreciated.

Views: 226

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that for that type is better to use displacement map. Displacement actually modifies the geometry rather then just fake the relief.

Thanks for replying George.

I tried a displacement map, but I am having serious trouble getting the map to sit right. Is there any example for nXtRender anywhere that I can follow? Will one single material with a displacement map work immaterial of the object size, or should I create one material for each size?

How are the texture co-ordinates related to the displacement co-ordinates?

I would stay away from displacements for this-- they will impact performance way too much.

This is going to require a combination of mapping and materials to really work.  nXt can get the size of the bitmap from the material definition, that part is not a problem.  However, it cannot get the location and orientation.  That requires mapping, information which attaches directly to the object, not the material.  

You can set up some typical shutter sizes with mapping already attached (use the quick mapping option to do this.)  You will have to have models for each size of shutter with preattached mappings-- the rest you can do with materials of appropriate size.

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

James Bloomer posted photos
May 1
Roy Hirshkowitz commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"No license yet. Send some results when you can-- might be easier as a forum post instead of this comment section."
Apr 7
Thumbnail

c3

"The drawings are likely scaling correctly-- don't scale the geometry please. These are only display units for the arstudio interface."
Apr 7
Maciej commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"You were right, Roy. It was about the file name - ash on my head. ARStudio seems to be very ok for my humble interiors' purposes. One minor point (see attached) - meters or millimeters only, what about centimeters? I need to scale all my…"
Apr 7
George Ioannidis commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

g2

"Yeah, I know, usual situation. :)"
Apr 7
Thumbnail

c3

"Looks like there's no file name.  Try saving the drawing to a file first, then run ArStudio.  This is a bug, obviously.  Thanks."
Apr 7
Maciej commented on Maciej's photo
Thumbnail

c3

"I followed all the instructions and that is what I see now...Life is a struggle... Is there something I did wrong? AutoCAD 2013, nXt 0358-SG17, Windows 7"
Apr 7
Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion was featured

AccuRender Studio

Here's the latest version of the new stuff.  If you're interested, try it at your leisure and let me know what you find.  It's a work in progress, so please be kind.  We'll likely have some bugs and certainly have some missing features.******Some highlights:Standalone renderer which accepts input from Rhino, Sketchup, Obj and FBX.Plugins for AutoCAD and other CAD applications.Online material and plant…See More
Apr 7

© 2020   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service