AccuRender nXt

advanced rendering for AutoCAD

Has anyone successed in importing sketch up models with the NXT widget?

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not.

Why not to do it using AutoCAD importer?

This success recorded via the autocad importer route is no better than that of NXT?

My old horse AR5 ver. 1.0.318 did this:

With 3ds files it's the bomb.

I usually open the SketchUp file and export it to a 3DS file....then add the 3DS file into ACAD via nXt.

Although....some issues as of late...see http://accurender.ning.com/forum/topics/tex-mesh-crashes?xg_source=...

John

It looks like it still works somewhat with SketchUp 8 and older models.

I'll see if I can fix it to support models through SketchUp 2018, and take a look at the material mapping problems that I'm seeing.

Thanks...

I posted a new version where Importing SketchUp models is working for all SketchUp files through version 2018, for 64 bit machines.

Note: the 32 bit version can only import SketchUp models saved from SketchUp 2016 and earlier versions, since SketchUp's 2017 and 2018 SDKs now only support 64 bit.

This was tested for AutoCAD versions 2015 through 2018, both 32 and 64 bit.

You can download this latest version from the downloads page:

http://renderplus.com/wp2/download/?product=nXtRender%20for%20AutoCAD

Thanks Rich! Up and running...

RSS

Search

Translate

Latest Activity

Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio for AutoCAD
"No estimate on release date for foreign language versions.  You'll have to deal with the English language version for a little while longer."
Feb 10
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio for AutoCAD
"Just released 0093.  This fixes a crash bug that can occur on certain systems when the ArStudio command is used but the legacy product has not been loaded (by typing nXt, for example)."
Feb 10
George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

Ligni furniture from Sven Christiansen

"I am going to be nitpicking, as we usually are when commenting on top-notch work. The only thing that strikes my eye here is the weird reflections on the black air duct on the ceiling. I understand that those are reflections of bright surfaces…"
Feb 9
George Ioannidis commented on Peter Milner's photo
Thumbnail

Ligni furniture from Sven Christiansen

"Exceptional work Peter, once more time."
Feb 9
Peter Milner posted photos
Feb 8
Roy Hirshkowitz replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"I'm really interested in this-- if you're willing to help.  I'll need to send you a version that writes a log file to see where it fails, and whether I can do anything about it."
Feb 7
John Prentice replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"I ran a vanilla version of 2018 Mechanical, just to see if it was different, and Arstudio runs OK. So... presumably there is something loading or a setting causing the problem in my day-to-day Acad set-up! I loaded my custom routines into the…"
Feb 7
John Prentice replied to Roy Hirshkowitz's discussion AccuRender Studio
"Yes the standalone runs - I don't have many scenes to open in it, but the file Material.ArScene seems to open OK."
Feb 7

© 2018   Header image courtesy Peter Milner   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service